The Great American Dine Out – September 20-26
Along with Operation Frontline, Share Our Strength works to eradicate hunger through their other programs: Taste of the Nation, the Great American Bake Sale, A Tasteful Pursuit, and the Great American Dine Out.
This week, from September 20-26, thousands of restaurants are participating in the Great American Dine Out with the intention of raising money to support an anti-hunger campaign.
According to Share Our Strength’s website:
“The first annual Share Our Strength’s Great American Dine Out rallied nearly 4,000 restaurants across the nation—from coffee shops to fine dining restaurants—and millions of consumers. These restaurants participated in a variety of ways— donated a percentage of sales, promoted select menu items, collected money from suppliers and guests and much more. The funds raised from this campaign will support:
- Increasing participation in school food and nutrition programs
- Increasing the number of community gardens
- Food banks and food pantries
- Increasing access to fresh produce
- Increasing utilization of federal child food and nutrition programs, e.g. food stamps, school breakfast, etc.
- Advocacy around Child food and nutrition-related programs”
Check out Share Our Strength’s website for participating restaurants in your area.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.